Where to Clean
Clean where you feel is needed! Pick up trash along roads that you frequent, making sure to stay safe with road traffic. You can also clean along trails that follow Blacktail and Silverbow Creeks. BSB Parks and Recreation will be placing dumpsters at these locations for you to dump your trash:
- Father Sheehan Park
- Butte Chamber of Commerce
- Whiskey Gulch Walking Trail Parking Lot
- Whiskey Gulch Trail Crossing at S. Rocker Road
- Always wear proper clothing and protective gear, such as gloves and closed toe shoes.
- Don’t pick up dangerous items, such as needles or hazardous materials. If you find something dangerous or suspicious while cleaning, report it to the Butte-Silver Bow Law Enforcement Department at (406) 497-1120.
- Practice proper water safety when wading in creeks and streams.
- Be careful around roads and aware of potential traffic hazards.
- Leave homeless camps untouched.
Clean Up Supplies
Make sure to bring along these essentials for a safe clean up!
- Trash bags
- Closed toe shoes
- Rake (optional)
- Waders (optional, for collecting trash from waterways)
To protect the health of our community, please ensure that you are following the most up to date recommendations regarding social distancing and COVID-19.
If you have students at home, or are just interested in keeping track of what trash you collect, use this CUBS Data Sheet to record your findings. Post it to the CUBS Facebook event page or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can see what you found!