Watershed Science Lessons
Bull Trout Curriculum ›
Developed by fisheries consultant Mike Bader, with support from regional experts, this curriculum covers:
- Bull trout identification, current status, and distribution
- Key components to healthy bull trout habitat
- Indicator species
- Population measurements
- Threats affecting bull trout’s ability to survive and recover
Who’s My Mommy Lesson ›
Students will be able to:
- Describe that young aquatic insects are very different in how they look and how they behave compared to the adult form.
- Discuss the life cycle stages of aquatic insects (from egg to adult).
- Describe the differences between complete and incomplete metamorphosis.
- Compare the length of time aquatic insects spend as young versus as adults to the length of life cycle stages displayed by humans.
Cultural Survey Scientist ›
Developed by CFWEP, this lesson covers:
- The role of cultural survey scientists
- The importance of cultural surveys
- Role-playing the part of a survey scientist
- Practicing survey methods
- Making inferences about survey sites
- Collecting data related to survey sites
- Reporting the findings of cultural surveys